Thursday, February 27, 2014

Albany, GA

All good roadtrips must come to an end.  And so I took my last beach walk this morning before leaving Amelia Island.


.
I found the best beach access yet - a short boardwalk away from the parking space above.



This county-owned lot also allows overnight parking.  I've filed it under 'next time'.

And you know I wasn't leaving without packing the fridge with shrimp bisque for lunch.



Drove about 4 hours to Albany.  The weather was good for driving and it was four-lane US highways through rural towns all the way.  Just like I like it!

After getting to Albany, I was a little stiff and wishing there was somewhere nice nearby to walk the kinks out.

I look up and experience a little road magic.  A golf course!  Right behind Wal-Mart!



Perfect!



Back home tomorrow in time for lunch.  And now that I've left the coast, I'm ready to get there!

Thanks everyone for coming along on another successful roadtrip.  I've got another short journey planned for March.  More about that later as I work out the details.  

See you soon!

17 comments:

  1. Great trip. Enjoyed the ride. Laughed at your comment on previous post about the nursing home. That's what Wanda and I say about our blog. We can sit and reminisce about our journey's, if we can remember to open the blog.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's so true. I have a friend who thinks we are going to end up in the same Nursing Home. She says she can't wait to meet me. Too funny!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you're doing this - great short trips to beautiful places and than back home to John and Doris. The best of both worlds. Have a good drive home - and give Doris a hug from me and Katie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely is the best of both worlds. I'm so fortunate!

      Delete
  3. Seems you had a wonderful trip. Happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm already planning to return - probably in the fall. Thanks for following along!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic trip, Kim. So glad you shared it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for coming along! It means a lot to stay connected. I look forward to you getting back on the road too! Maybe we can meet-up at White Tail Campground or one of the other West Point CGs?

      Delete
  5. What a great trip - I fell like i enjoyed it along with you!
    Wish I had some of that bisque for real though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm proud of myself (and a little surprised) that I didn't scarf down the entire bowl. I managed to save some for John. Thanks for coming along, Anne!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for bringing us with you. It helped me get through this long winter in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely Spring will arrive there soon. I'll be envying you when summer hits here.

      Delete
  7. Great trip and a very good reminder that we need not drive 2,000 miles to experience wonderful places!
    Love the coast and need to get reacquainted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - I'm learning the same lesson.

      Delete
  8. I sure enjoyed the journey and I can sense so did you :) Can't wait for the next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Jo! Hope you are back on the road soon. With photos!

      Delete

Let's chat !