Tuesday, February 25, 2014

More Amelia Island

    
To be entirely at leisure for one day is to be immortal                                                                           Chinese Proverb




Today was one of those days.  The weather could not have been better.  And my gratitude for living like this could not be deeper.

I spent the day strolling, peering at shells, working a crossword, and watching the always-entertaining canine parade at Peter's Point Beach.





Doris would love this!

By lunchtime, I was ravenous and drove the few short miles to Fernandina Beach.  I spied this burger joint that I remembered from its rave reviews on Trip Advisor.  I think the GDB brakes might have squealed.



The specialty?  Charbroiled burgers.  OK .... where's the entrance and where does the line start?



Al fresco dining on burger and fries for $6.  I'm happy.  

After lunch, I strolled about town and ducked into a few antique shops.






It was fun to browse but ...  with this weather, I was eager to return to the beach.



I stayed until the sun got low and the tide high, soaking up every moment of my immortal day.


10 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a lovely day to enjoy!! That burger and fries really looks yummy! I hope it tasted as good as it looks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it did! One of the best burgers I've had in a long time. I should have mentioned that in the post.

      Delete
  2. I love that quote. When you are presented with an absolutely perfect day to enjoy to the hilt, it does feel like you are immortal, doesn't it?

    Love the doggie parade, especially the one that looks like Sunny.

    And a hand patted burger eaten outside. YUMMMM.

    I absolutely LOVE finding little antique shops to browse when I'm out camping.

    It is so amazing to watch someone else enjoy all the things I love most. I'll tell my horse-riding neighbor about the horses on the beach. She will be so envious!

    I am loving following your blog. Thanks for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dog did look like Sunny. I watched him/her roll around in the wet surf thinking what a big bath that pup was in for.

      Delete
  3. I might enjoy visiting some antique shops when we hit the road. Living in an RV will be perfect protection against buying anything. I can just say, I'd love to buy this or that, but don't have a place for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Merikay! I saw several items I could easily take home - except I can't! No cargo space.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I could use a run-away-from-home day like that. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew there were so many great locales so close to home? I never dreamt I'd be spending so much time at the beach.

      Delete
  5. Isn't it sad that everyone doesn't get to experience days like that? Or maybe they do, and we just don't know. We are so darn lucky, but I have to say - that looks like an especially good place. And a great burger, to boot!

    Another thought is that you PUT yourself in that place, you noticed the burger joint and went back for the lunch, you noticed all the things happening around you after you drove to that perfect place. Taking charge of our happiness is the first step to happiness I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lucky indeed! Not a day goes by I don't feel immense gratitude. I think you feel the same way.

      John says that all the time. We make our own luck.

      Delete

Let's chat !