Friday, March 21, 2014

A New Era

Since returning from my SC-GA-FL trip 3 weeks ago, I’ve been bulldozing my way through some final home projects. 

We moved into our condo in June 2012.  Since then, we have steadily tackled one project after another.  After many relocations, I’ve found that it takes about 2 years to get things just right after a move.  Minus my time on the road in 2013 and 2014, we are on schedule.

I desperately wanted to complete the process before my next road trip.  I’ve put everything else off so I can leave home knowing that no big projects await my return. 

Here’s just a partial list of what's been accomplished.

  • Complete kitchen renovation







  • New living room carpet
  • New drapes throughout


  • New living room cabinet
  • Dry wall repair
  • New decor
  • New interior paint throughout.  Thank you, Jamie!


Jamie and Cole

  • Replacements: garbage disposal, toilet, interior and exterior light fixtures, patio door glass.
  • Exterior: planting flowers, herbs, and rehabbing existing plants




Whew! 


After the glass replacement next week, I rather optimistically believe that all the home-improvement projects are behind us.  Then I can focus on travel, work, and routine home maintenance.  In that order (she said hopefully).

It feels like the beginning of a new era!   

As a reward, I’ll probably take a one-week trip up to North Alabama - where my family is from, a place I love.  I try to go up at least once a year. 

Then it will be time to plan my next big road trip.  The biggest one yet!    

Details to follow.




16 comments:

  1. Wow! Great before and after shots! Can I hire you for our next remodel?

    Love what you did with the condo!
    Between your pictures inspiring me to go smaller and RV Sue's current saga of her retirement dilemma, the house will certainly go up for sale this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic, Kim!

    I am just shocked at how much time has passed since you moved in. It certainly doesn't seem that long ago that I was reading about a tornado hitting your old house.

    You do deserve a reward! Have a GREAT trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just absolutely lovely!!!! A new summer destination....anxious to hear about this adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. We did that kitchen thing about three years ago. Glad that's over. Remodeling projects get in the way of traveling.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new kitchen, I'd love the old one even. It is a never ending project to own a home. Your's if coming along so lovely.
    All the repairs have kept me off the road and I don't like it. :( This week my grandson will be repairing the porch decking.

    Hope I can take off for a week after that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been very busy--everything looks gorgeous! The before and after photos really show the beautiful results of all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of work, but great improvements you'll enjoy every day (when you aren't on the road). It must be very satisfying to have all the work almost done, and it sure looks great.

    Hmmm, biggest trip yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to those details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic remodel!!!!! I like to look at before/after pics...it really shows the difference!!! Now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of work finished, must feel really good. I read Jamie's blog too! :) Hope Cole helped out with the painting some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to have a dog like Cole, a german shorthair pointer. They are big babies. Can't wait to see where you are headed next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you've got a lot accomplished! Looks wonderful! Of course, I absolutely LOVE the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, when is the "big reveal" of the next trip itin? Spring is here, and I am headed toward the PNW....waiting to see if a GDB is going to cross my path...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I placed a message for you on your blog.

      Delete
  14. Hi, Kim,

    Haven't heard from you in ages. I lost your email when my computer got wiped out by a virus. Please write! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !